Pressure Cooker

Hi!

This is my newest blog. Yes, I gave into the pressure. Not work pressure. More of creative pressure I guess.I have been toying with this idea for the last one or two months... really tossing it around while juggling work, pressure and all that jazz. It can have a lasting impression if you ask me.

I have come to the conclusion that a lot of things in life are able to have the effects of a pressure cooker on beans. It is up to you to decide whether you'll get cooked or not. One of them is stress, which we are all regularly exposed to, on a daily basis.

When I was still in school, my focus was mostly on good grades, and a smaller waistline. I did my best to meet both. I can't say i achieved both... but i can proudly say i tried. As for the waistline, I think that is a lifetime commitment. I can happily do a lifetime commitment to myself. Good grades can be achieved whenever you are in school, but then the term "good grades" can be somewhat demanding. By this i mean perceptions towards A grades. Everyone thinks good grades are As. True, they are, but at what cost?

I can tell you that being a student can exhaust someone, especially if you are always struggling to catch up and outshine everyone. I believe in the idea of building up on yourself slowly. By that, i mean that you should allow yourself to grow even as you study. Know what works for you, and what doesn't.

Everyone is different, that much is clear. Some people work GREAT under pressure. Others work better at their OWN PACE. Most times I have found myself studying from the beginning of the term, while some of my colleagues chose to wait till the end to study. Sometimes they got higher marks than me, while sometimes we were level or i got higher (rarely). Of course that stressed me, but what pleased me most was how i managed to stay honest. Yes, i might not have been the best in class, but i was pleased with my grades because they were my own.

At the end of the day, it is up to you to choose whether you'll become soft like beans cooked in a pressure cooker, or if you will become as hard as a hard boiled egg after the stress life puts you through. the power is in your hands really.

*&*&*&*&

I just want to say that this does not mean you can't cry when the pressure gets to you. I totally advocate for it, because sometimes crying relieves the pressure. It is good to listen to yourself and know what to do from there. Ignoring your body will lead you down the path to destruction.

That is why i came back from leave yesterday and opened this blog today. I think i'm gonna go lie down as soon as i get out of here. I need to rest after the 5+ hours on the road yesterday.

Okay, i have to go.

Sincerely,
Me.



Comments

Popular Posts